“Drama is life with the dull bits cut out.” – Alfred Hitchcock
Teaching Drama, running workshops, directing plays. This is who I wanted to be as a young person. It has been 21 years since I qualified as a Drama teacher and it still excites me as I walk into a studio space to meet a new group of people to work with.
Lets have a conversation about how I can help bring the perfect workshop or experience to you and you partners. – Contact Me.
Current & Recent example of work include:
- Visiting artist at the Conway Centre, Anglesey, – projects include: Leading the GCSE Drama Weekend, Drama in Education workshops for Trainee Teachers, Storytelling, Drama and Arts experiences for visiting school s of all ages;
- Creative Facilitator in partnership with as creatives;
- Digital Story & Oral History Art event for the Culture Liverpool, One Magnificent City & Light Night Event – Details;
- Working in partnership with ISTA as a visiting artist in London & Saudi Arabia;
- Devising & performing characters for comedy, with BTEC Performing Arts students.Previous projects include:
- Directing for the Everyman Theatre, Liverpool – Spirits of The Stone. A community play with for and by the people of Kirkby;
- Youth & Community Theatre director and workshops for Jigsaw/Theatre in the Quarter, Chester;
- Character led schools and community workshops for Walk the Plank;
- Various curriculum and event led drama and arts experience workshops, across all ages.
Say Hello and lets have a conversation about how I can help bring the perfect workshop or experience to you and you partners.
‘Gav is an excellent Drama & Theatre practitioner who never fails to inspire, motivate and challenge young people and adults. He’s a committed professional who runs awe inspiring sessions that stimulate the imagination and allow individuals to explore their potential. He regularly directs large GCSE courses of 100 pupils with great ease and flair!’
Debbie Cottam – Head of Performing and Visual Arts
Quality Learning Partners
‘Gav was engaged with Theatre in the Quarter both as a director of professional and community projects and as a workshop leader with young people’s projects. During this time he delivered several high quality productions and projects for public audiences.
Gav is an incredibly creative director. He has a skill at being able to challenge both artists, actors and participants of all levels, abilities and backgrounds in their own talents and perceived abilities. The perfect team leader, he is very clear and strong in his vision and ensures his artistic and production team is happily and confidently working to task to fulfil the needs of the production. The end product of work which he directed was challenging, unusual and always exceptional.’
Matt Baker – Artistic Director Theatre in the Quarter